Diary of an Extreme Cowgirl

Every cowgirl has an Extreme Story. So What's Yours?

I am working on many updates. I apologize for being MIA.
I had a very tragic event, Feb 2009, and I seemed to shut down with writers block.

Follow along as I dust myself off after being paralyzed from a broken neck.
Are you an Extreme Cowgirl?
Soon you can add your story to http://www.extremecowgirls.com/

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Extreme Ranch Trials August 18, 2007

Posted by Extreme_Cowgirl

We did it!
Bowen had his very first ever show and ride away from home, and he dealt with brand new things like a giant titer totter!

He picked things up fast and worked through his uneasiness pretty fast.

I was pleasantly surprised how fast he got on the titer totter.

the water pit was great, he actually went in when I asked him to while under saddle, but he rushed through it so I wanted to walk him in and stop him in the middle.

I was going to go get my other clothes so I could change. One of his owners said "No I don't mind walking in there"

So Bowens dad took him for a walk through the water, and Bowen discovered he likes to play in the water Lol..

He even thought about getting down and rolling with me on in the water at one point Lol.

there was a low tarp between 2 building that I was not too happy with. I just think it was too low, if I had come up against that on the trail I would have gotten down but this it the extreme ranch trials.

We do need to work on actually jumping over jumps and barrels, and not just try to walk over them Lil.. that first set of barrels he thought we could walk over Lol.

he wanted to run down the small stairs, he is definitely getting the hang of this

Look out extreme cowboy, here we come!


0 comments: