Diary of an Extreme Cowgirl

Every cowgirl has an Extreme Story. So What's Yours?

I am working on many updates. I apologize for being MIA.
I had a very tragic event, Feb 2009, and I seemed to shut down with writers block.

Follow along as I dust myself off after being paralyzed from a broken neck.
Are you an Extreme Cowgirl?
Soon you can add your story to http://www.extremecowgirls.com/

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

First day of training

Posted by Extreme_Cowgirl

well here we go. First day of official trail training.
We made the video and bowen did great for a horse that has never been asked to do anything like this.

He only needed to be walked through something once and he would try it while ridden.
You can see the wheels turning in his head, a very smart horse.

Today we worked on getting to know each other a bit better in the arena.
He has the most compact lope, we see if he can extend that a bit :)

Then I did want to ride him over the strange obstacles so I walked him all over. Yes I figure if I want him to do I should be able to as well lol.

So we walked down the steep hill, over the tarps, up and down the dirt mound, over the manure pile, over the little ditch and over the very little wooded bridge (made for the in hand trail yearling).

He did great. I on the other hand slipped a bit :)

0 comments: