Diary of an Extreme Cowgirl

Every cowgirl has an Extreme Story. So What's Yours?

I am working on many updates. I apologize for being MIA.
I had a very tragic event, Feb 2009, and I seemed to shut down with writers block.

Follow along as I dust myself off after being paralyzed from a broken neck.
Are you an Extreme Cowgirl?
Soon you can add your story to http://www.extremecowgirls.com/

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Fate is stalking

Posted by Extreme_Cowgirl

Fate or something worse is stalking. You can almost feel it, or I can.

One week to the hour that I was rushed to the hospital fully paralyzed and system crashing, My 17 yr old brother is carried by my dad into the ER.


Ruptured appendix and on the way to septic.

He had not been feeling well for days. For some reason I kept thinking appendix but what do I know other then its bad.

The family once again is gathered in the lobby of a hospital waiting to hear from the surgeon on how bad it was in surgery. The Doctor came back down at about 2am I think to tell us he thinks he got all of the leaked fluid as well as the appendix out. Time will tell. If he gets super sick then we know that not all of the fluid was taken out. This is a potential death sentence.

The doctors saw me in my neck brake and said "wow you guys like hospitals, what happened".

When he was told he asked was it an ACSF surgery? I said I think that's what it was called. and then asked "you were paralyzed before surgery?" Yes.

"You are one lucky person the be walking right now"


They say things come in three's... who's next?

all I keep hearing is "Something wicked this way Comes"

Is fate done with me(us) or just getting started?

0 comments: