Diary of an Extreme Cowgirl

Every cowgirl has an Extreme Story. So What's Yours?

I am working on many updates. I apologize for being MIA.
I had a very tragic event, Feb 2009, and I seemed to shut down with writers block.

Follow along as I dust myself off after being paralyzed from a broken neck.
Are you an Extreme Cowgirl?
Soon you can add your story to http://www.extremecowgirls.com/

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Out of the wood works

Posted by Extreme_Cowgirl

Well its been interesting.

True friends and old friends seem to come out of the wood works when something bad happens to a friend. It does not matter if you saw them just hours before or haven't seen them for over 10 years. True friends will come to help.

Even strangers from horsecity.com and other chat boards have offered help and boarding if needed.

Unfortunately people you thought were friends or appreciated your work and help you have given also let themselves be known.

When this happens just let the bad go and appreciate the good that comes your way.

I could dish out how I was shoved out of the barn I was working and paying board at but the important thing is I have the credit card proof my horses feed and care were paid for while I was in the hospital and for an additional 40+ days but they will be moved to new full care barns I trust around the 15th of November. Transportation is being arranged as well as a new home for one of my horses.

How on earth could I find new barns I can afford while still on house rest and needing assistance?

Well that is were the people from all over come in. They know who they are but I will point out a few.

First a huge thank you to my chauffeur and friend from high school, haven't seen in 10 years, Melissa F. She called to check up on me after reading on a chat board about my accident and when told of barn issues she was on her way and drove me all over contra costa county looking at barns. After negotiating a few places I found a great hole in the wall place with an arena, trail access right out the back gate and a hot walker for only $330/mo for a stud. Pretty cheap for the San Francisco bay area. And get this, I knew the owners from 4-H and its only a mile from where I am staying. I can't wait to get to know her again after all these years.

Thank you to Wendy a friend for at least 5 years both from the Internet as well as my annual Battle of the Barns team. She helped me find a place for my other two horses. A friend of hers just bought a foreclosed horse property that has a 16 stall barn. They have offered to board my 31 yr old TB cross and my 3yr old paint gelding for $150/mo each. Pretty nice. And they are very experienced with other TB horses that are hard to keep weight on. Wendy vouches for her and that says alot to me.

Huge thank you to Sandra. She has kept me from going nutts worrying about how to move the horses and to keep the peace. Ah serenity now! I will never be able to thank her enough but I will try.

My mare Bella will be going to a new home that I trust as well. They are arranging transport hopefully about Nov 15th. I will miss her but this is best for her. She loves attention and is super sweet and I can't have her just sitting being lonely.

0 comments: