Diary of an Extreme Cowgirl

Every cowgirl has an Extreme Story. So What's Yours?

I am working on many updates. I apologize for being MIA.
I had a very tragic event, Feb 2009, and I seemed to shut down with writers block.

Follow along as I dust myself off after being paralyzed from a broken neck.
Are you an Extreme Cowgirl?
Soon you can add your story to http://www.extremecowgirls.com/

Monday, February 18, 2008

The Day After

Posted by Extreme_Cowgirl

Ok so today I am so happy I could just cry.

When I came to visit he was bright eyed, happy to see me and terrorizing his feed bucket lol

The techs pulled alfalfa leaves out of the flakes and filled a few buckets then they got a ton of fresh long grass and soaked it in water.

Then they sprinkle the alfalfa leaves on top to get him to eat both. Well hes wise to that and is picking the leaves out first lol...
There were some complications during surgery but so far so good.
His colon tore 3 times while moving it during surgery. Most times, even in humans, a torn or nicked colon is a death sentence. Let's hope that Mischief keeps up the good luck.
Oh, it turns out that he did not have just 5 inches of dirt, it was 50 lbs or dirt!
When they realized that it was much worse then expected they have to make his incesion bigger.
Yes, we got really lucky.

My friend took the pictures, but she caught one of the rare moments when I was not grinning ear to ear















0 comments: